Sunday, November 3, 2013

Researching Photographers

As theorist Bentley (1997) says 'rearranging of the old to create the new' I will be using his theory for ideas for my photo shoots as I am looking at photographers work to hopefully inspire me to create my own through using there ideas and techniques.



I firstly looked at the photographer Geoff Jones work to inspire me
http://www.threevisual.com.au/gallery_photographer-2/#850





I like his work because all the photos are in high quality, The lighting that is used shines right on the models face making the image appear brighter and you instantly know that these photos was taken in a studio. The first photo looks different from the others as it is lighter mainly because a different background has been used and she is quite fair skinned compared to the others. having the light shine directly on the models face is what I need to do when I create mine. These photos would fit well with a pop magazine as they are bright and the makeup that has been used is quite bright and would connote to the audience as they are positive colours.

The second photographer I looked at for inspiration was Cyril Lagel 



The thing I like about this photographers images is that they are so plain but they dont look boring, You would probably find these images more on the front page of the magazine instead of inside as they look professional and mature. The same lighting technique has been used on these images as well so this tells me I definitely need to use it when i create my own. 



1 comment:

  1. Some good image choices, however you must do the following to make this post more relevant:
    1) Link what you have seen to your own work e.g. explain how it fits the genre and say how you might use ideas you have liked in your own studio work.
    2) Use more media terminology in terms of shot type and mise-en-scene (including how the model is posed at what it connotes).
    3) Check/correct your grammar.

    ReplyDelete