Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Researching Mise-en-scene for photographic shoots


To Create a successful photo shoot, Mise-en-scene will be used which is Makeup, hair and costumes, For the genre of magazine I am doing (Pop) Mise-en-scene will be used in a certain way that would appeal to the specific audience. I Decided the main image for my magazine will be a young female which would appeal to the audience and all that I need to do now is figure out what I would need to create this look to fit the needs of the specific target audience. The genre Pop links to fashion so it would feature makeup, hair and costumes.

Firstly I researched Make-up that is used in existing popular fashion and makeup shoots to see how they create these looks. I first of all looked at Rimmel London Apocalypse Lip Lacquer lipgloss. From watching this advert I saw that the lipgloss that there trying to sell is very bright and stands out, The model doesn't have any bright eyeshadow or anything on this is mainly because they are trying to sell the lipgloss so they want all the attention on that, however the model has bronzer and eyeliner on this is to make the cheek bones stand out and for the model to appear slimmer. Eyeliner is used to make her eyes stand out and are flicked past both eyelids to give off that feminine look. There is a lot of close up shots of her lips so you know what they are trying to sell.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apJ-G0wC-zI 












After that I looked at a tutorial of how to create a make-up look like cher Lloyd as she is very popular in the pop genre, I firstly notices that foundation and concealer was used to create the flawless look to her skin and then a brow pencil or brow shadow was used to deepen and define the eyebrows. She then uses white eye shadow and then a light brown shade in the outer corners to give it more definition. A thin line of eyeliner is then applied to the top eyelid with a flick to finish it, she then puts eyeliner on the bottom lid to make the eyes look more dramatic and bold. Mascara is then used to make the lashes blacker and thicker to stand out, after she does that she puts false eyelashes on which look natural but they stand out compared to her real ones, she used brushes to apply the foundation and eye shadow in this tutorial so that is something I will use when im doing my own photoshoot. She then applies powder tot he face to make the foundation set and also stop the face looking shiny in photos. After she has done that she then put bronzer and blusher on her face to make her face look slimmer and defined, I will use this technique in my photoshoot. And lastly she applies lipstick to her lips to give them a nice tint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl1hif4dweg













To create this pop makeup look I will need:
-Foundation
-Concealer
-Eyeliner
-Blusher

-Bright eyeshadow
-Bright pink lipstick
-Eyebrow pencil 
-Nail polish (If I decide to use a shot where the hands can be seen)
-False eyelashes
-Mascara
-Bronzer

After That I then looked at hair tutorials which would be seen in pop magazines, Most of which you see have Big full long glossy hair, so to create that I will look at another tutorial.

To create this pop makeup look I will need:
-Foundation
-Concealer
-Eyeliner
-Blusher
-Bright eyeshadow
-Bright pink lipstick
-Eyebrow pencil 
-Nail polish (If I decide to use a shot where the hands can be seen)
-False eyelashes
-Mascara
-Bronzer

After That I then looked at hair tutorials which would be seen in pop magazines, Most of which you see have Big full long glossy hair, so to create that I will look at another tutorial.

Firstly I looked through pop magazines to find someone who has the Hollywood glamorous hair look, and I found Disney star Ariana Grande. I then went on youtube to find a hair tutorial for her, Firstly the girl started off by putting hair extensions in to make her hair appear thicker, she then sprayed heat protecting on her hair and sectioned it into 2, and started using curlers on it starting from the bottom, keep curling until all that section is done that get another section then curl that too. Then hairspray your hair to keep all the curls locked in. She then puts her fringe to the left side and starts to twist it, putting it into a French twist she then pulls the hair from her ears upwards and puts that into a pony tail, then puts the French twist she done previously and secures that in there. She then hair sprayed her hair once more in case of fly aways.


For this hairstyle I would need:
-A curler
-Heat protector spray
-Hairspray
-A hairbrush
- hair grips
- hair band




I then looked at another look that Ariana Grande is famous for and that her signature Pony tail, as its in trend and my audience are at the age where they want to experiment with there hair. She firstly has straight hair she then begins to gather all her hair on top of her head like you would with a normal pony tail and secure it with a hair tye, she then sprays her head with hair spray just in case she gets any fly aways. She then grabs a bit of hair from the pony tail and wraps it round the hair tye and then secures the hair with a hair grip so it hides the hair tye. After she's done that she grabs bits of hair from the pony tail and starts to curl them, to give it volume.

For this hairstyle I would need:
-Curlers
-One hairband
-Hairspray
-Hairbrush




After closely watching these two tutorials I have decided to choose the first tutorial and the hair looks thicker and it stands out as the second of is more of a everyday hairstyle and doesnt really get noticed.

The next step is to look at what costume my model would wear, I looked closely at the fashion trends of 2013 to have the latest trends for my magazine. My target audience are in with all the last fashion trends so my model would have to be wearing the latest fashion trends.



1 comment:

  1. You are linking your research to your audience and your own ideas; this demonstrates you are acting on earlier target comments well done! However, you must make sure do the following to improve your marks:
    1) Double check all grammar e.g. you are using capital letters at times when you don't need to (in the opening paragraph you have capitalized Make-up and Mise-en-scene mid sentence).
    2) Go over your first paragraph again and make sure you agree with your definition of mise-en-scene and think if you could structure the paragraph more successfully in terms of sentence structure (see me if you need help).
    3) Make sure you link all your points to the relevant representation theory (youth/gender).
    4) Include examples of you experimenting with the techniques you researched.

    ReplyDelete