Friday, November 29, 2013

masthead experiments

These are the names I came up with for my magazine;
-Poptastic!
-Top of the charts
-Party pop
-Just pop

From these four names I decided to have 'Top of the charts' as I thought it was the best name to use. I them needed to create a masthead but before creating it, I began to experiment with just one letter to see what I could create.




I Firstly picked a denim background and placed an 'A' in a regular font. The background wouldn't represent my audience because of the colour, I'm mostly just concentrating on the letter.

I then went to brusheezy and downloaded a smoke brush. I began to put it on my letter.

I then kept adding smoke on the image, changing the opacity of it and just trying things out,  I think this would suit my audience as its quite feminine. 

When I had done that I then began to add text with a black outline around it so it would stand out against the layered letter. I chose words that started with 'A' 

This is my final design however I wouldn't use this letter on my front cover, but I might use a text like this to represent my audience. This design isn't what you would see on a pop magazine cover as it would make it look far too busy. I could design something similar to this for my feature article.






These are the masthead experiments and I decided to use the top one as it looks more professional and stand out. Also the way that it is set out with the 'of the' in the dot in middle would represent my audience because its feminine and would suit that age range. I dont think the rest stand out as much and I think they're really boring in comparison to the top one.

No comments:

Post a Comment