Friday, November 29, 2013

feature/double page spread construction

This is my feature page article under construction.
I firstly edited then added my Image to the feature article page. When I edited the image I changed the brightness to make it look brighter, I also done some basic editing such as airbrushing the face, adding more colour to the skin and whitening the teeth. I then placed it onto this page and put it across half the page so you can clearly see who the article is about.

To make these shapes I used the rectangle tool then used the transform tool so I could rotate the shapes and resize them to how I want. I placed a triangular one at the bottom right of the page so I could place the page number in it, and I used the rectangle tool also for the shape on the top right, its just that after I placed the tool there I then chose the Lasso tool to select a triangle to cut it out of that rectangle to give it that shape. I then set both of the shapes on the right sides opacity down so you could still see the image. For this page I used the same colour pink as I did on the cover and contents to make my pages fit together and to stick to the colour palette.

I then added text to my page by using the text tool to write the quote as the title which by using this gives a little teaser of what the story is about, I picked the colour of the text to be white as I thought it fitted nicely with the pink and it stand out against it. I then put writing on the right side of the page and I chose to use black writing because if I used white it would have contrasted with the background and would have been hard to read, I chose to put her name on the page to show that it is her so the audience dont get confused.

After I finished that I then used the text tool to type out my double page spread interview, using the grid tool to get the correct spacing between the texts. I changed the colour between the questions and answers, I picked pink for the answers as it goes with the rest of the magazine, and for the questions I picked the same purple that was on the cover and the contents so it all flows together. By doing this it makes it easier to tell who is speaking. I then created a pink box (the same pink as the rest of the page) by using the shape tool to place a rectangle, and then used the transform tool to change the angle of it and to move it around on the page, and then by using the text tool I placed an 'S' in it, by doing this it makes the text stand out and it also draws the reader in. 

I then used the shape tool to create small rectangle boxes to highlight keywords so it stands out. I did this in purple as the writing is in pink, and it fits with the rest of my colour scheme throughout the magazine.

Lastly I added a small images at the bottom of the page and used the text tool to add text next to the image briefly describing something what the image was about, I chose this image as it fitted perfectly with the text. And by using black text next to it, it looks more professional.




No comments:

Post a Comment