Friday, September 26, 2014

Audience research


I firstly decided if I was aiming my magazine at a mass or niche audience. Due to my magazine being regional cornish fashion magazine, it would be aimed at a niche audience as it is not a mainstream trend due to their not being a magazine out there like it currently. I will also follow hall and holmes theory 1998 "any media text is created for a particular audience and will usually appeal most to this particular audience." As you want your media product to appeal to an audience so you need to know what they want out of it. 

My target audience is a younger target audience who live in cornwall as there isn't any magazines for this type of audience and it will help show what there is to offer. I will hopefully keep a cornish theme running throughout the magazine and talk about current fashion news and what not to buy within the area.

I would also include other topics such as music festivals within the cornish area, as cornwall is my area and I want to attract an audience from cornwall. My age range will be from 16 to 20s as I think that at this age you are more interested in fashion and music. My audience Demographic will be A1-C due to the genre of my magazine.



Due to my audience being niche, they are more self confident and follow what they're intrested in instead of following a brand. For example, if my audience were mainstream they would buy the safe brands because they are well known and they kind of know what to expect through the magazine. 

The only regional magazine in cornwall is cornwall today. They are all targeted at the same audience with the same audience demographic of AC-C1 and they all include the same contents of scenery shots to suit the audience. This shows by creating a magazine such as this it will bring something new to the market for a younger audience and will have more of an appeal due to this magazine representing them.

The next thing I did was create a questionnaire survey monkey for people of the same age as my target audience to answer so i could find out what they would want to see included in my magazine. 

Research
To successfully create a regional fashion magazine I made a survey monkey questionnaire with questions that will be useful.  

I firstly asked what there gender was, these results show that females were the only people to answer these questions. So therefore I should mainly target my audience as females. This might be because I asked my friends on social network to fill in this poll, and most of my friends are female.

These results show that the target audience were all straight therefore I will aim my magazine to this sexuality. 

Due to most of the people who took this being ages between 16-24 my magazine will be targeted at people aged between that also. 


From these results it shows that the majority of my target audience have a household income of £75,000 - £99,000. This shows the audience demographic is band A1-C so I should aim my target audience for this class.


These results show they are all white british.

Due to the people of whom I asked are mainly from cornwall I expected too see these results.

My results show that the audience would like to see stories about fashion, music and sport. This could be because of the audiences age and gender which is stereotypically. 


As everyone chose the name verify I will use this as my name for my magazine. 









1 comment:

  1. • There is proficient research into a potential target audience.

    ReplyDelete