Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thoughts on genre/style

'Attempts to structure some order into the wider range of texts and meanings tht circulate our culture for both the convenience of both producers and consumers' john friske

Whilst I researched into different regional magazines around Cornwall I came to realise that they didn't have any aimed at a younger age group as the main target audience are for an older age for the tourists. Due to there being none aged at my target audience I've decided to create a magazine which will bring something completely new to the market which will then allow me to inform younger readers about Cornwall. I would also want to focus on fashion as a key point in my magazine as Cornwall isn't a place known for fashion and the target audience that the magazine is aimed at will find this appealing as that's what they're interested in



Regional magazines in Cornwall include Cornwall today and you can see by the cover that it's aimed at an older audience. As the texts reads 'escape to watergate bay' you don't see a lot of young people planning an escape as this shows that it appeals to an older audience, as there is nothing for a younger audience I would like to aim mine at a younger audience however I want to make It look classy and professional

No comments:

Post a Comment