Saturday, September 27, 2014

Synopsis and Treatment

As I am surrounded in cornish magazines I have began to realise that they all seem to be aimed at the same audience whcich is social grade A-C1 and have the same age range averaging at 30+. Most of the cornish magazines on the market are aimed at holiday makers rather than the people who live here. There is the odd story or picture that would interest a person of a younger age and local residents. So I am creating a magazine that will fill a gap in the market which will then have to be narrowed down due to it being a wide topic.

My madazine is going to bring together alot of genres rather than just sticking to the one, such as fasion, local music, whats happening in the area, music, regional, and local stories. This magazine wiill be aimed at woman aged 16-24 years in social grades A-C1. Its niche market because even though its fashion which is mainstream, but as it will only be on sale in cornwall it makes it a niche market. I will also have a secondary target audience of younger woman who are on holiday in cornwall.

In terms of style, my magazine will have breath taking views and show the stunning beaches that cornwall has to offer in my photoshoots. I will take fashion inspiration from popular fashion magazines such as vogue and cosmopolitan to show off the clothes.

In the terms of content, every Issue will include a wide range of stories and images that will link with things located to cornwall. They will fall under these headlines: Eating out, best retail shops, news, local music, event, fashion, and sports.

The cost of my magazine will be affordable as my target audience are teenagers so wont be able to afford the costly price of magazines such as vogue. I want my magazine to be affordable so I am thinking of pricing it as £2, this means that younger readers can afford the magazine even if they are earning minimum wage.

My magazine will be published through an independent publisher. The company that I will use is Out Of Hand LTD as it will reflect the interest of my magazine better than a massive conglomerate company

Theres a hude gap in the market for my magazine due to my research showing that fashion magazines are one of the most profitable genres and combining that with a local information will have more interest for potential readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment