Thursday, September 25, 2014

Institution Information

Some publishing companies are more successful than others because they have better equipment which gives them a huge advantage when they create a magazine meaning that they will be more popular with there target audience, meaning the publishing company will make more of a profit, when I choose one to publish mine I need to pick a successful company, here are some successful companies


bauer Media group is a multinational media company based in Germany which sells 38 million magazines worldwide in a week and have over 300 magazines in 15 different countries it. It offers radio station, television channels and online Bauer media publishes magazines like Grazia, Heat, and Empire.





IPC Media are the UK's largest consumer magazine publishers, having an audience of 26 million UK adults. 42% are men and 58% are woman, IPC have 25 million users worldwide each month




The daily mail group trust is an international group who have the biggest market share in Cornwall having own magazines such as the Cornish guardian and Cornwall today. Due to my magazine being a regional identity of the fashion genre I would bring something new to the market if I chose daily mail group trust as my institution who could help market it right for my target audience. I could chose the other institutions although they already have fashion magazines produced meaning I would have to bring something new. Due to daily mail not having a fashion magazine this will bring something new to the market which has the same target audience as mine



Fashion magazines from other institutions will still be my competitors so I'll have to think of something unique which will make mine stand out. I'll have to research magazine that have the same genre to get an understanding of what the common conventions are. This links to Bentley (1997) who stated the creative process is 'the rearranging of the old to create something new' meaning that if I used the common conventions that have been used to create the genre making it successful and add other new ideas to mine to make it stand out against the typical magazines of that genre 

No comments:

Post a Comment